Inhalt des Dokuments
- © TU Berlin
The main objective of the PEESE Program is to enable graduates to develop in-depth understanding, analyze, and optimize engineering systems as well as to conduct demanding research work in the areas of energy, chemical and environmental engineering.
Name of the Program
Process, Energy, and Environmental Systems Engineering (PEESE)
Master of Science in Process, Energy, and Environmental Systems Engineering
Beginning of classes
Program duration: two years
- 3 Semesters of course studies
- 1 Semester master thesis
- 10 weeks of industrial internship
To complete the PEESE Program both English and German are required.
However, it is possible to start the program only with knowledge of
At the end of the first semester you must pass the TestDaF for German language. After that you can continue the program in both languages.
If you do not speak German, the following procedure is applied:
- Students are supposed to reach level A1 by September of the year they intend to begin the studies
- Level A2 you can achieve during intensive German language course starts at the beginning of September before the first semester. This course is offered by Modern Language Center (ZEMS) at TU Berlin. Registration can be done from May to July on the web-site
- Level TestDaF must be reached within the special technical German language classes offered for PEESE students.
The program includes technical and managerial courses focusing on energy, process, and environmental engineering. The module blocks include process synthesis, process simulation, process control, process optimization, management, and intercultural competences. In addition, elective courses should be selected.
The internship (10 weeks) can be performed at any site as long as this is not located in your home country. (click here )
include counselling by senior students, mentor program, social activities, information center, and orientation activities for a successful transition to life in Berlin.
Semester fee  (approximately 300 Euro / semester incl. public transport ticket)
German language courses for PEESE (approximately 1000 Euro)
- Bachelor of mechanical, energy, chemical, or environmental Engineering or equivalent degree
Sufficient knowledge of English that is proven by a certificate
(We will accept any of certificates with level approximately B2 (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
LocationThe TU Berlin is located in the center of the capital of Germany. Berlin is a cosmopolitan city and offers many cultural facilities such as theatres, cinemas, operas, museums, exhibitions, parks, etc. With over 30.000 students, the TU Berlin is one of the largest universities in Germany. Today, TU Berlin is at the forefront of research and development, and participates in many collaborative research programs. Approximately 20% of the students come from other countries.
For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Study Dean of PEESE
Institute for Energy Engineering
Sekr. KT 1
Consulting hoursTue: 11h-13h