direkt zum Inhalt springen

direkt zum Hauptnavigationsmenü

Sie sind hier

TU Berlin

Inhalt des Dokuments

TU Berlin

Lupe

The Technische Universität Berlin, with some 33,500 students, is one of the largest German Institutes of Technology. In contrast to most other such institutions it offers a wide range of subjects. In addition to the core subjects in natural sciences and engineering, the TU Berlin also has faculties and institutes specialising in planning, humanities, social sciences and economics. In the Berlin region it offers the widest range of engineering options.

History
1770-1821
Founding of the predecessors of the TU Berlin: Mining Academy, Building Academy, Vocational Academy
1879
Unification into Royal Technical College of Berlin
1945-1946
Closure of the Technical College of Berlin and reestablishment under the new name: Berlin University of Technology
1950
Establishment of the Faculty for Humanities
2001
Concentration of teaching and research into 8 faculties
Famous researchers at TU Berlin
Adolf Miethe
1862 - 1927
three-colour photography, rotogravure printing, and the flashlight
Alois Riedler
1850 - 1936
motor vehicle construction
Adolf Slaby
1849 - 1913
radiotelegraphy
Franz Reuleaux
1829 - 1905
machine kinematics
Georg Schlesinger
1874 - 1949
machine tool design and factory management
Hermann Föttinger
1877 - 1945
fully-automatic gear box
Hans Geiger
1882 - 1925
easurement instrument for detecting ionizing radiation, "Geiger Counter"
Ernst Ruska
1906 - 1988
electron microscope (Nobel Prize in 1986)
Konrad Zuse
1910 - 1996
first freely programmable computing machine
Faculties
click here
The PEESE program is located at Faculty III
click here


more and detailed information please refer directly to the TU Berlin Homepage

Zusatzinformationen / Extras

Direktzugang

Schnellnavigation zur Seite über Nummerneingabe